197 – Intentions versus Goals with Patrick Lilly
Patrick Lilly wears many hats: successful New York City real estate broker, educator, transformational life coach, speaker, and world traveler. Curious by nature, Patrick likes to explore other ways of thinking, feeling, living and being, which ultimately allows him to serve his clients’ best interests.
Patrick has sold over 1,200 properties worth more than $1.35 billion during his 34-year career.
This strong sales success has resulted in many national honors, most notably the Keller Williams Pinnacle Award which is presented to just 20 exceptional agents across all North American firms. Additional distinctions include being named one of The Wall Street Journal’s Top 250 Agents in the nation and Inman’s 101 Most Influential Agents in North America. He was also featured in “The Billion Dollar Agent” by Steve Kantor.
Through his organization Real Estate Success Rocks, Patrick hosts an annual conference and a weekly podcast for agents. He is also the founder of Real Estate Vision (REV), an educational and networking group for top producing agents. Patrick is a frequent speaker at conferences and seminars throughout the world. A consistent theme in his talks is the creation of practices that nurture both your soul and financial well-being.
After completing his BS in Psychology and Mathematics from Missouri State University, Patrick earned an MBA in Marketing and International Business from New York University. In 2007, he earned his life coaching credentials, which allows him to conduct transformational seminars throughout the world on discovering one’s essence and purpose in life.
Patrick divides his time between New York City, his weekend house in the Hudson Valley, and pursuing his passion of traveling the world.
In today’s episode, Patrick talks about the difference between goals and intentions, and the benefits of using both to advance your career and personal life.
In this episode, you’ll learn..
- Why set goals – long-term vision, short-term motivation, focus your acquisition of knowledge, optimize your time and resources
- The best goals are usually linked to specific metrics
- Vague or unclear goals can lead to frustration, stress and a feeling of failure
- Where does God fit in? (Or the universe, or your highest self?)
- Benefits of Intention – allowing space for opportunity and creativity, long-term vision and direction
- Daily intentions – Affirmations, What 3 things do I want to accomplish today?
- Masculine vs Feminine Process