269 – Landlord/Tenant Issues: Covid 19 with Laurence Jankelow
Laurence Jankelow is the Co-Founder of Avail, an all-in-one software solution designed for do-it-yourself (DIY) landlords that is used by more than 600,000 landlords and tenants across the United States.
Prior to launching Avail, Laurence spent seven years in data analytics first as a Consultant at Protiviti Chicago and then at Goldman Sachs. Originally from South Africa, Laurence has a hardworking spirit and together with his co-founder, Ryan Coon, they developed the idea for their company on a napkin that now solves the needs of thousands of landlords.
Laurence is also a long-term real estate investor with a passion for 3-unit multi-family properties.
In today’s episode, we discuss the effects on the COVID 19 pandemic on landlords and tenants.
In this episode, you’ll learn..
- Unemployment among renters may be much higher than expected due to COVID-19
- Communication between landlords and renters is lacking during the pandemic
- Eviction knowledge is not equal among landlords and renters
- Renters want to pay their rent, but many have few options
- Landlords are unprepared for a financial hit in the coming months
- COVID-19 could punish DIY landlords in particular, not large real estate owners
Links and resources mentioned in this episode.
To subscribe and rate & review visit one of the platforms below:
Follow Real Estate Success Rocks on:
There are no comments yet.